Happy Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day always gets me feeling so emotional, simply because it’s such a blessing to be a mom and such a remarkable task to raise children — and mostly importantly, because I’m so eternally grateful to have such an amazing Mama!
My mama is in heaven now…I can still see her smiling face and hear her guiding words. I love and miss you Mama!
Since I can’t dig deep enough to find the words to express just how precious it is to be a mother and to have a mother, I put some of the quotes I remember hearing when I was growing up. Hope it will help remind you of why your mom is and should always be the most valuable lady in your life.
These familiar saying have somehow been handed down from mother to daughter/son through the years. How many of these did you grow up with?
- Who do you think you are?
- Ask your father (closely followed by “Ask your Mother”)
- Bored! How can you be bored? I was never bored at your age.
- I’ll treat you like an adult when you start acting like an adult!
- Look at me when I’m talking to you.
- Don’t you roll your eyes at me!
- Don’t pick it, it’ll get infected.
- I don’t care if “insert child’s name here” Mum said yes.
- You’ll put your eye out with that thing!
- I’m going to give you to the count to three.
- Don’t put that thing in your mouth, you don’t know where it’s been.
- Wear clean underwear in case you get in an accident and have to go to hospital.
- Don’t cross your eyes like that, one day they’ll get stuck that way
- I don’t care who started it, I’ll finish it!
- Don’t EVER let me catch you doing that again!
- Why? Because I SAID SO, that’s why!?!
- If such and such jumped off a cliff, would you jump too?
- If I catch you doing that one more time, I’ll…
- Your father is going to hear about THIS when he gets home!
- If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.
- How many times do I have to tell you, don’t throw things in the house!
- Do you think your clothes are going to pick themselves up?
- “I don’t know” is NOT an answer!
- I know it’s not fair. Life isn’t fair.
- You can get glad in the same paints you got made in
I’m sure you can think of a few more. Just putting this list together makes me laugh. 🙂
I hope your Mother’s Day is full of Love, Happiness, Joy, Fun, Laughter, Lots of Blessings!
Don’t miss a thing!
Sign up to get updates delivered right to your inbox.
Margarita & Stace